Ludum Dare finished last monday and I made it! I finished a solid game in 48 hours with pretty graphics. It has been a very exciting week with lots of positive feedback. You can play the game here:
Creating an artistic game is one part. Making a game popular for an audience is another. My company creates games for businesses, a different kind of audience than Ludum Dare participants. How to make sure that a game will fit them? The key is to know your target audience to the bone, to make sure they keep playing and recommend it to friends. Our goal is to make lots of people play and enjoy our games. So, what does motivate a human to enjoy my games?
Those who are following my twitter account know that I have been working on a simple vocabulary course game for family names. In this blogpost I will tell you what I did to get to this course setup. The course is made in around five hours and that includes the graphics I custom made. I decided to make new ones rather than using the existing sets.
In the current age we try to digitize everything, including education. We even try to move the class into the internet, with teachers from all around the world educating through video en tutorials. But I ask myself the question, don’t we use the digital era in the complete wrong way as we do not really innovate our practices. Compare it with magazines, they moved from paper to websites but their format is mostly the same, yet we speak of innovation.
This week was devoted to the creation of planets. With all needed details like, day/night effect, clouds, sun reflection in the seas and an atmosphere. Here are some of the results (the latest is test4): Test1 Having the right color and wrong transparancy Test2 Having the right transparancy and wrong color Test3 This one is almost correct. It only has s
No articles available