Before new year I made a sketch of this girl, last week I decided to make it in 3d. So I started with making two reference images for her, her front and side. And used both as blueprint in my 3d tool. Time it took: - 3 hours modelling - 2 hours uv mapping - 0.5 hours making the reference images The result with some uv mappings:
After several months of planning and building we finally finished our game Skyworld. The team was made out of 4 members with there own specialized tasks. The game is made for the DreamBuildPlay contest hosted by XNA and the XBOX 360. The gameplay video url can be found lower A part of the Synopsis: Skyworld. Home to thousands of floating islands and warring factions. These islands are resourceful, rich in gold veins and other natural resources. When these resources run out, factions move on to other islands.
Today I had to present my Unreal Tournament 2004 demo level to my teachers for a grade. I got an exellent degree for it. The subject for this project was "how to make a level for a game" and we had to build it from our game design we made earlyer. Some nice screenies. I wil release the map soon with some small changes (like textures)!
This piece of art was inspirated by Miru from Edalie-chan and Zoe who's on the beach! :D (You're such a good source for ideas!). The idea was to try out some bathsuits... Well it ended as a person without a bathsuit but underwear I gues ^^ Time needed 2 hours and I didn't make a sketch! Updated the photoviewer with Aniako and Mizzu.
I made this one for a girlfriends birthday! The picture is featuring Suki and Appa from Avatar: The last airbender series. I think this is one of my best pictures yet and it was lots of fun working on it. Time to make the sketch was around 15 minutes, Time for raw coloring 3 hours, Time for finishing and adding shades 5 hours!!! Time for printing 1 hour ^^ Thanks to David who made it possible to print it as a real postcard
After the museum remake I was turned into a modelling mood. In this mood I started a simple scene and tried to get better effects. After I found Gile[s] I started trying some lightmaps. It turned out great although rendering lightmaps takes more time than expected. The scene is no longer only test. It even starts to look like something!
Last night I found some old pieces of high school projects. They will be available in my portfolio soon. After inspecting the pieces I decided to remake one of them. I upgraded this one from the Irrlicht 0.15.0 to 1.5+. Also the model is recreated. the assignment was to make pictures from a city and to present those to the class. I got the idea to use on of my earlier game frameworks to present those. The images left are from 2006 and the others the remake I finished today (2009).
No articles available